Full Stack Developer (Cape Town)
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa .
full-time . September 5, 2022
Who we are…
We are a tech start-up who empower our employees to fight the mainstream and strive for total market dominance in the tech industry. We are changing the future of one of the world’s biggest trades, by taking the construction industry through a digital revolution! We are ambitious, resilient, disruptive, future-focused and totally authentic. We need curiosity and tenacity, people who have an entrepreneurial spirit, treating our business like their own. We never settle for anything less than excellence. Come work with a high-performance team that challenges, motivates and takes every opportunity to get it done!
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running. Ideally a developer who writes picturesque code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
What you will be doing…
- Designing and developing new web-based products and features, as well as updating and enhancing existing solutions when needed.
- Adding new automated tests to our CI/CD pipeline.
- Communicating significant milestones and impediments to Product Management in a timely fashion.
- Write “clean”, well-designed code in a timely and scalable way.
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the SDLC.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Conducting analysis of website and application requirements.
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support.
Who we are looking for…
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer in a similar role or demonstrable knowledge working on open source projects.
- Exposure to cloud application development and CI/CD pipelines would be considered an asset.
- Understanding the difference between client and server-side code.
- AWS knowledge would be advantageous.
- Previous experience creating scalable applications.
CostCertified people are:
- Courageous, Curious & Creative!
- Dynamic and progressive in their thinking.
- Analytical and Problem Solvers!
- Ambitious team players but can work autonomously.
- Confident but display humility and a genuine willingness to learn and teach others.
- Able to take on challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Forward thinking people!
What’s in it for you…
We offer great coffee, super-fast Wi-Fi, a competitive salary and great offices in a central downtown location with transportation home if required. Mostly we want people that love to dream big dreams, crush big goals and make big things happen.
Location: 80 Strand Street, Cape Town, CBD
We value diversity and encourage applicants of all backgrounds. We strive to come together with our ideas, experiences, perspectives and unique identities to achieve the insurmountable.